About GBTool and GBC2005 downloadable files
|GBTool 2005 ( GBTool-A, GBTool-B ) implemented on an Excel spreadsheet is available for downloading for academic or research purposes.|
of this software should be aware of the following limitations and conditions:
Users of this software should be aware of the following limitations and conditions:
The system is a framework, not a simulation model. Users are expected to use other software tools to simulate energy performance, estimate embodied energy and emissions, predict thermal comfort and air quality etc.An important design feature of the system is that the characteristics of a Design is compared to Benchmark values, and that the features of the Design are then scored and weighted. Results are meaningless unless the given national team has first established the benchmark values, adjusted scoring guides and adjusted the weights, so they are relevant to its region.
The current version of the system is GBTool 2005.
• Covers a wide range of sustainable building issues, not just green building concerns;
• Allows assessments to be carried out at all stages of the life-cycle and providesbenchmarks suited to each phase;
• Enables architects to carry out self-assessments
of their designs, and enables third
• Allows third parties to establish weights to reflect
the varying importance of issues
• Allows generic benchmarks to be replaced by local ones, in local languages;
• Handles up to three building types, separately or in a mixed-use project;
• Handles new and existing construction, or a mix of the two;
• Allows comparisons to be made with LEED and Green Globes.
1. one with example data ( GBT05-example-xxx.zip )
2. other with no project data ( GBT05-empty-xxx.zip )
example of a single occupancy building with un-needed
fields hidden - see
the GBTool Notes file (relevant to the previous version) provides information on the structure and operation of the system ( GBTool_notes_xxx.pdf ).
and the unlocked GBTool Demo version with some locked data in project description and weighting ( GBT05-Demo-May.zip in its separate folder ).
Webmaster: email@example.com - INPOL Consulting